Yes, I will be having a date with the CATS tonight though I'll just be sitting in the corner of the Jellicle Junkyard. And finally, I will be reunited again with Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo where the Jellicle Ball will be held. Too bad, I am not dressed like the Jellicles. Haha!You see, I have been an avid fan of Broadway musicals ever since I saw Miss Saigon way back 2000. Admittedly, I am not a Lea Salonga fan { and I don't have anything against her } but it is just so happens that she's usually part of it. I mean let's face it, people have these expectant hearts to see Lea performed her own rendition of the Memory song. She has been one of the most revered theater actresses since her days, so I think that would explain why she was chosen to be part of the production.
Anyway, the CATS musical is one of the Broadway musicals that everyone shouldn't miss. I mean, it's Broadway, it's not just a typical musical where you could just let it pass. It's a huge production and it merely took almost 30 years before these felines reached Manila to perform in front of the Filipino audience. Despite of the costly tickets { got mine ticket for 1545 php }, I guess it should be worth it. After all, it is for the experience and for the glory that is CATS.
For those who are still interested to watch these felines perform, CATS: Now and Forever has extended performances until August 22, 2010. You may purchase tickets at any TicketWorld outlets.
How about you? How will you spend your Tuesday night?
photo credit: google
Hugs and Kisses,


No comments:
Post a Comment