Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birthday Girl

When the clock strikes at 12 midnight last July 24, I've been seriously getting tons of birthday greetings flooding my Facebook wall. Such an overwhelming feeling to see people still awake on wee hours. Nocturnal, perhaps? Maybe. But for those people so close to me like boyfie, greeting me at exactly 12 midnight is a tradition. Well, he just wanted to be the first one to greet. Yeah, just like that.

As for the birthday gift, it was a long story and boyfie really did put lots of effort to come up with his best birthday surprise. And I tell you, his choices were extravagant. I know he had a hard time picking up the best one.

Then he gave me this:


White iPad 2

but wait, there's another one:

Pink Smart Cover from Apple

Great, isn't it? I was surprised and touched that I cried like a child while unwrapping the gift and the boyfie was laughing all through out. Hahaha! He really likes teasing me.

Fast forward to lunch time, boyfie and I went to Prive Restaurant which I reserved a couple of days back. We were supposed to have lunch at Melt the World Cafe in Mandarin Oriental but due to an unfortunate event, we opted to a cheaper one.

Prive Restaurant is a fine-dining resto at the bay. It is located at Keppel Bay Vista where you could see yachts everywhere. The location is not accessible unless you have a car or you take a cab.






The restaurant offers 2 courses {S$32 per person} or 3 courses {S$35 per person} meal. We decided to take on the 3 courses meal which include:


Then we settled on these:

assorted breads on the house!

butter & salt

The Seared "Chairs d'Escargot"
with Parsley & Garlic Buter on Puffy Pastry

Saint Felicien Cheese Salad

Pan Seared Tenderloin

Caramelized Hazelnut Parfait

In between each course, we spent time playing with my new toy.


At the end of our meal, one of the Prive staffs approached our table and gave me a complimentary cake. So sweet of them!



My birthday this year is indeed memorable. Lots of good times. I left a message on my wall to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone:
Before this day ends, I thank the Lord for all the blessings that I have received. I hope and pray that the HE will continuously bless and guide me in every decision and path that I will take. Thanks everyone for putting efforts in visiting my wall & sending sms just to leave your birthday greetings. Lastly, thanks Glenn Rey Ricablanca Gequillo for the best surprise gift ever! ♥ you to infinity & beyond! Cheers! ♥


Of course, how could I ever forgotten to have an outfit post? It's a must. Hahaha!

dress: Forever21; cardigan: Zara
shoes: Chocolate Schu Bar
bag: Mango
accessories: Forever 21, Diva

To end this, let me share with you the message engraved at the back of the iPad 2.

"We turn not older with years but newer everyday"

Hugs and Kisses,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails