Saturday, April 02, 2011

time after time

*photos galore.. you've been warned. :D*

Have you ever had the feeling of wanting to write something in your blog yet you don't have the luxury of time to do it? At least for me, that what's happening. I know that being too much occupied with work is not really a good excuse but apparently, I couldn't drag myself to write. And despite of my inability to update this blog, I always keep myself posted with what's happening into the blogging world. Then finally it dawned upon me. It's time to write.

So how should I start? Hmm...

I've been living and working in Singapore for months now. So far, I am keeping my pace with the kind of living standards here. I have also quite adjusted to the environment with people who mistakenly thought I was a Malay {which i don't know why} and Chinese for uttering words like 'Laoban' {boss}, 'wo bu zhi dao' {i don't know}, 'mei you' {don't have} , 'mei guan xi' {no problem} and other stuffs like that. Hahaha!

I have met a lot of new friends which eventually became my lunch mates and surprisingly we all have friends in common. Isn't it nice? Small world indeed.

Culture shock? I don't think so. One thing I've noticed here is the way people dress so freely. Come on, people just don't mind how badly or extravagantly you dress. You could even wear a skimpy outfit without getting a hoot. Fashion is a daily staple here and I've gotten used to it somehow.

Singapore is the land of opportunities, as most people call it and I believe so too for some reasons like..

1. Doing the 'tourist traditions' which is now a routine every time a family member or a friend comes here for a visit.



2. Exploring food.. which is never-ending. Haha! The way people do the packaging of food still amazes me.


Milo + French Toast ~ This is how they do the "take-away" (take-out)

Dimsum Love

Mushroom Quesadilla at New York! New York ~ a local restaurant

Infamous Ddeokbokki { a.k.a. Korean Spicy Rice Cake} ~ T'was hell hot!

3. Travelling to a nearby country -- Bintan, Indonesia for a weekend getaway. Boyfie scored a pretty cheap package to Bintan for a 2D1N stay in one of the expensive Beach Resorts in Bintan. It was a great catch. Can't wait to go back!













The Bintan Cast {Leo, Glenn, Shane, LA}

4. Shopping. Singapore has been doing lots of sales recently. It seems like there's a whole year round of sales going on. The best thing about it is that you could really score items that are relatively cheap. People get so hyped over those items on sale and expect a huge crowd plus a very long queue on the cashier. It's crazy but I am enjoying it.


Loots from The Body Shop Warehouse Sale


The high-end stores in Orchard

Small lampshade I scored from Ikea.. and yes, it's red! :D
Say HEEEEELLLLOOOO PAAAANNNDDDAAAA!

5. More shopping... especially on those items or stores which can't be found in Manila.



I super love this.. definitely a rescue from wearing high heels for hours!

One of the items I scored from The Loreal Beauty Sale..

Chic peep toe with faux Zebra prints from Charles & Keith

6. Learning how to cook. Not everyone knows that cooking & I are not best of friends. I do not know how to cook, except for frying hotdogs and cooking rice. Haha! Luckily, boyfie loves to cook so I don't need to worry about it. Anyhow, I need to learn so I could impress boyfie in some way.


SPAM

Pan-fried Zucchini ~ my favorite!

my version of fried rice..

Of course, boyfie loved it. He's proud of me. Yey!

So there you have it, a quick run through of what's been happening with my life . As I am enjoying everything I got, I am also missing my family and friends whom I've left back home. I am always praying and hoping for their safety.

ps:
I'll be in Manila soon. Yey! It is just a short vacation and I am so excited.
I can't wait to see my family and friends again.

Till next time...

*photos posted here are mine*

Hugs and Kisses,

3 comments:

REDKINOKO said...

Awesome pics Shane! Makes me want to go to Singapore again one day ahaha (when I can afford such a trip already)

REDKINOKO said...

Awesome pics Shane! Makes me want to go to Singapore again one day ahaha (when I can afford such a trip already)

shaney ♥ said...

Thanks Jet! Let me know if you're coming here... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails