Yes, that's what i call it and some people find it weird. Really weird.
When Marvin and I arrived in Bacolod, we went straight ahead to a pension house where we'd be staying for weeks. At the Casa, we were asked to choose our room. I preferred the one near the gate so I could easily see the sunrise. However, Marvin thought it wasn't a good choice because I would definitely be disturbed by the noise outside. Instead, we decided to get the rooms near the back part of the house. I chose room 410 and Marvin chose room 411.
On my first night, I was not able to sleep well. I'd still remember how many times I told Marvin how sleepy I am due to our early trip. But this time, I could not find my comfort zone. I had been awaken thrice. One was around 12am, next was at 3am and the last one was around 6am which is the time I have to wake up and get myself ready for work. I tried to convince myself that everything's fine and there's nothing spooky going on. I told myself, "Maybe, namamahay lang ako kaya hindi ako makatulog". So I did not mind what happened.
Same thing happened on my second night. The only difference is that there's something missing. As I went to the bathroom to take a shower, I noticed that my used Creamsilk pink sachet is missing.
As with my photographic memory reminds me, I believed that I left it beside my shampoo a little consumed so I know that I'd still be using it. I tried looking for it everywhere but no sign of it. I tried to compose myself and decided not to panic. I searched everywhere in my room and wondering if I left it somewhere. I even thought that the housekeepers might have done some housekeeping or something then they had mistaken my used creamsilk to be a trash so they might have thrown it outside of my room. But it was not. I talked to one of the housekeepers and asked if they went into my room while I was at work. They told me that they just don't go inside their client's room without asking permission. In short, they didn't do any housekeeping in my room. This finally led me to ask if there were some suspicious thing going on in that room. Ate Jane, one of the housekeepers, told me that I was not the only one complaining about the room. There were also some people who had the same thing but they experienced the worst.
Without thinking twice, I asked them if I could transfer to another room. I mean, personally, I could not stay another night into that room. I'm afraid I might experience another spooky moments. Unfortunately, there were no available rooms so I decided to share a room with Marvin for a night. Mitch and Ate Jane helped me gathered my things and moved to Marvin's room. I also asked for additional beddings which I would be using for the night. Anyway, I've got to transfer another room the next morning. I finally found a good sleep that night. Even Marvin noticed it. He said maybe I was too exhausted thinking about the missing creamsilk that's why I was able to sleep well. Maybe he's right, I was too busy to look for it.
Anyway the next morning around lunch time, I went back to the Casa to transfer my things to another room. This time, I picked the room I first chose (room 514) -- the one near the gate and the one where I would be disturbed by the noise outside. If that would be the case, I didn't mind. What matters to me that time was to able to move to another room. And finally I did.
I spent the rest of my entire Bacolod stay in my new room. I was able to sleep well and most of all, nothing was missed.
What happened to me there is such a memorable experience. Indeed, it was my first spooky experience in my entire life. And it all happened in just one night at the City of Smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment